It’s getting cold and Mt. Hood is starting to get fresh layers of snow on it! Once the cold temps start you can’t help but crave comfort foods. This recipe is great on these cold nights or after a cold hike in the rain. Once the lifts open, it’s perfect after a long day making turns on the mountain, or whatever your favorite winter sport may be! Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter is great used in many applications, we hope this inspires you to think outside the jar and use it in many creative ways! Feel free tag us in any photos you post, whether it be Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Happy cooking!
1 jar Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter
8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese, BelGioioso brand works really well
1 lb. Pasta (Spaghetti or Bucatini)
1/2 Red Onion, Julienne cut
1 bunch Curly Leaf Kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 ea. Pear, Medium dice
4 oz. Crimini Mushrooms, quartered
1/2 T. Chili Flake
2 T. Thyme Leaves, Fresh(1 t. if you have to use dried thyme)
TT Salt and Pepper
1/4 C. Olive Oil
Optional Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Toss with oil.
- Heat saute pan and add onions, kale and mushrooms together. Coat bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic once the vegetables have started to cook.
- Dice pear and set aside.
- In bowl, stir mascarpone cheese and pumpkin butter together until combined.
- In a large saute pan with heat on low, heat pasta, 1/4 C. olive oil, and pumpkin butter mixture together until pasta is coated.
- Fold in kale, onion, fresh thyme, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chilli flake and gently fold in diced pears.
- Finish with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Optional.