About Oregon Growers
Born in November of 2003, with our first line of preserves released in May of 2004, Oregon Growers was created with a goal to utilize the bounty of the Hood River Valley to create products that highlight and promote the work of area growers-what we call Farm Direct Specialty Foods.
Originally from New Haven, Connecticut, co-founder Dave Gee left the trenches of the restaurant world to pursue his love of the outdoors and open green spaces. This led him to Oregon and eventually to Hood River in the heart of the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area. He quickly fell in love with the small community and decided to make the move permanent. So Dave combined his culinary background with his passion for the area and its bounty to create Oregon Growers.
Oregon Growers grew from a vision to create products using the finest quality, locally sourced ingredients. We are proud to manufacture, market, and distribute our FARM DIRECT SPECIALTY FOODS-straight from the source-here in the Pacific Northwest to you, our larger community. We hope you can taste this special place in each of our products.
Company Mission, Goals, and Standards
Oregon Growers mission is to produce and distribute the highest quality farm direct food from Pacific Northwest ingredients, while using business practices respectful to the environment, communities, and our way of life.
To fulfill this mission, Oregon Growers has established the following goals:
• Cultivate long term partnerships with regional growers
• Provide the best quality and tasting product possible
• Raise awareness about the value and benefits of regional food economy
• Run and develop our company in a manner that is sensitive and respectful of the environment
Through these goals, Oregon Growers has established the following standards:
• Always use fresh, in-season ingredients
• Purchase produce and products direct from farmers
• Value where food is grown and created
• Be respected, active members of our community
• Encourages and supports sustainable growing and operating practices
• Provide an atmosphere for employees to learn, grow, and succeed
While Oregon Growers will continually work to evolve, grow, and develop our standards and goals, the foundation of our beliefs is that the simple act of providing food provides the greatest opportunity to support social change.