Pendleton® Whiskey Grilled Chicken with Huckleberry-Pendleton® BBQ Sauce
Why would you combine huckleberries, Pendleton® Whisky, and Pendleton® BBQ Sauce?! This is what you might be thinking, but, WOW! That is what we did. We combined 3 greats! If you are lookin’ for an easy way to dress up your Pendleton® Whisky BBQ Sauce, this is it. We added some of our Huckleberry Jam and fresh(frozen can be used as well) huckleberries to our sauce and made a brine of Pendleton® Whisky and our Wild Flower Honey, YUM YUM! It’s time to embrace your inner cowboy or cowgirl and LET’ER BUCK®!
¼ C Oregon Growers Huckleberry Jam
½ C Huckleberries (fresh or frozen)
Pendleton® Whisky Brine
Makes ~ Just over 1 gallon
1 gal Water
1/2 C Salt
2/3 C Oregon Growers Wild Flower Honey
4 lbs Chicken of choice(we used thighs, breasts, and drummies)
- Simmer Pendleton® Original BBQ Sauce with our Huckleberry Jam for about 5 minutes on low.
- Add fresh huckleberries to sauce and simmer for another 4 minutes.
- Brush over grilled chicken
- Combine all ingredients and let everything dissolve
- In a large container, pour over chicken(if you use warmer water, make sure the brine is cooled before pouring on chicken).
- Brine for 2 hours or overnight(it’s best if it’s overnight!).
- Start your grill and LET’ER BUCK®!