Pendleton BBQ Pizza w/Chicken and Jalapeño
Oregon Growers is back in the kitchen and we believe that cooking doesn’t need to be complicated and some of the best recipes have very few ingredients. But, we also know making good food doesn’t need to take all day! We looked in our cupboards and saw Pendleton BBQ Sauce and a pizza crust mix and this is what we created. Not many people have all day to make everything from scratch(we know we don’t!). In this recipe, we used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust mix. It will be about an hour until your teeth will sink into this mouthwatering pizza. After we finished making the recipe, we had a brilliant idea to add some of our Northwest Peach Jam to the BBQ sauce and grilled peaches over the top. Pulled pork would also go swimmingly with this recipe(and we LOVE pork!). So, if you want to be a little more gourmet, try adding these ingredients to the recipe as well! We believe this recipe will make any hungry belly happy. Let us know what you think!
Makes: 1- 15.25×10.25x.75 pizza(or pan of your choosing)
¾ C Pendleton BBQ Sauce (we’re really into the Hot+Spicy right now but any will work)
1 pkg Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Crust, or your favorite crust mix/recipe
1 ½ C Chicken, cook and cut into pieces(We used a rotisserie chicken that we had on hand)
1 Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball, sliced
1 C Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 small Jalapeño, thinly sliced into rounds
¼ C Cilantro, picked leaves
½ ea Peach, pitted, sliced, and grilled(optional)
¼ C. Northwest Peach Jam (optional)
Cilantro to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to the pizza mix specifications and make crust according to their directions.
- Put a little cornmeal on the pizza pan before baking for a nice added flavor and texture.
- Slice peaches and grill or sear in pan(if using).
- After crust is par baked, measure out the Pendleton BBQ Sauce and spread over the pizza. If you want to use the Northwest Peach Jam add it to the BBQ sauce here.
- Tear half of the mozzarella slices over the pizza.
- Place the chicken, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño and grilled peaches(if using) over the pizza.
- Tear the rest of the mozzarella over the pizza and place in oven.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling and starting to caramelize. ~15 minutes
- Take out of oven and add fresh cilantro to garnish.
- Slice and enjoy!