Pumpkin Butter Tart with Brown Butter Ginger Snap Crust
Get into the holiday spirit with this delicious recipe for Pumpkin Butter Tart with Brown Butter Ginger Snap Crust.This 5 ingredient tart will be a crowd favorite this season and easy to whip up! It has even less sugar than a standard pumpkin pie and you don’t have to buy(or find) all of the pumpkin pie spices. It will leave everyone licking their plate clean and begging for seconds.
- 8 oz Gluten Ginger Snap Cookies
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 2 – 12 oz Jars Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter
- 2 ea Large Eggs
- 3/4 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-4 T. Oregon Growers Apple Butter( Depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter in saucepan until golden brown. It will have a nutty smell.
- Break up ginger snap cookies into a food processor and grind until a small crumb. If you don’t have a food processor, you can you a ziplock bag and rolling pin, this will just take longer. Add browned butter to cookie crumbs and mix until combined.
- Lightly grease 9 in. tart pan. Press crumbs firmly into pan and let cool in your refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While tart shell is baking, whisk eggs and cream together in bowl. Once combine add pumpkin butter until completely combined.
- Once shell is finished baking, turn oven up to 345 degrees.
- Pour filling into shell and bake for 30-40 minutes. The center will still be very soft, it will firm up once it cools.
- Let tart cool and store in refrigerator until use.
- Whip cream until soft peaks, fold in apple butter and whip until firm peaks.
- Cut tart into desired number of pieces an garnish with whipped cream.
- Optional: extra garnish with candied pumpkin seeds and cinnamon.
Share & enjoy!