Roasted Pork Loin with Cherry Zinfandel Sauce & Creamy Polenta
Featuring our Cherry Zinfandel Fruit Spread
sounds fancy –maybe – but this recipe is super easy
What you will need:
1. One 12-14oz pork tenderloin
2. 1 jar Oregon Growers and Shipper Cherry Zinfandel Fruit Spread
3. 4 oz whole milk ricotta
4. 1 bunch green onions
5. One 8 oz. can chicken stock
6. 1 package of quick cook polenta
7. 1 bottle of Red Zinfandel (don’t be cheap – buy something good and enjoy with this meal)
8. Salt and Pepper
9. 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat an ovenproof sauté pan to medium high on the stove.
- Season the pork loin all over with salt and pepper. Add a little oil to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Place in oven to complete cooking (total cooking time should be 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile prepare the polenta according to the directions on the box, but be sure to substitute the water they call for with the chicken stock.
- Once the polenta has cooked add the ricotta and ½ c chopped green onions – adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and add 1 Tbls extra virgin olive oil – mix well and cover to keep warm.
- After 15 minutes the pork loin should be done. Remove it from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Drain off excess fat from the pan and return to medium heat.Deglaze with 1 c of zinfandel being sure to get all the good little bits of flavor off the pan.
- Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of Cherry Zinfandel Fruit Spread to the pan stirring until the jam has melted into the sauce. Season with a few grinds of fresh pepper.
Place a few spoonfuls of polenta in the center of each of the four plates. Slice the pork loin at an angle into ¼ slices. Arrange 3-4 slices on the polenta and spoon the sauce over top. Enjoy.