Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese and Marionberry Vinaigrette
Another easy recipe that will wow you guests…
Here is what you will need:
1 large package of pre-washed arugula.(baby spinach works great too)
1 small piece of blue cheese – I like Oregon Blue available in the cheese department
1 jar Oregon Growers Marionberry Jam
8 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive oil
3 Tbls Red vine vinegar
Black Pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
1 oz. toasted walnuts (optional)
1 large Serving bowl 1 small mixing bowl
What to do:
• Place the vinegar and 1 heaping tablespoon of jam in the small mixing bowl and stir with a fork or whisk.
• Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream stirring constantly.
• Add a few grinds of fresh pepper and set aside.
• Add the greens to the serving bowl add just enough vinaigrette to coat the greens and toss.
• Garnish with blue cheese, walnuts and a few more grinds of fresh pepper.
You can make the dressing ahead, but don’t add it to the greens until you are ready to serve.